* Presentation of 2020 Post Budget for Membership vote.
Scheduled Special Events
Pending Events 2020:
* IHOP Breakfast on Thursdays at 9:30 AM. All veterans are welcome to this Legionnaires' weekly gathering. This is a no-host event. For details, call Finance Officer Bill Walsh at 703-743-1343.
* Post Blood Drive. Contact Rich Bohmer, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Fund-Raising, 24Feb & 29Feb-1Mar, Post 1799. Volunteers needed. Call Finance Officer Bill Walsh at 703-743-1343
* Judges needed for Jan/Feb 2020 Boys/Girls State selections. Contact Irwin Lazar for details at email@example.com Dates for judging are 29Jan, 10Feb, 17Feb, & 24Feb - all in the evening.
Welcome to American Legion Post 1799's website. Veterans are invited to contact the Post Adjutant (see CONTACT page) for joining the American Legion. All visitors interested in contacting Post 1799 are invited to contact the Post Adjutant. We are proud to be in the 16th District of the Department of Virginia.
Apply today to join the American Legion and Post 1799 with this application. Just download! The instructions are on the application. All honorably discharged or still serving US veterans are now eligible.
Post Executive Committee Meetings
12 March 2020:
* Post Membership welcome to EXCOM business meetings.
* 7:00 PM.
* Project planning & reports
* Venue: Heritage Hunt Marsh Mansion.
1 July 2019 - 30 June 2020. The 2019 American Legion Membership Campaign and Year kicks off 1 July 2019. Current members will receive post card reminders from National Headquarters to renew. Of course, the quickest and best way to renew is to visit the renewal website at: http://www.legion.org/renew You will need your Membership ID# on your 2018 Membership Card and a credit card. The 2019 membership fee is $40.00. The National website has an easy option to "Pay Up For Life," including the fee calculator.
You can also pay directly by sending a check ($40) to Post Adjutant, P.O.Box 1799, Haymarket, VA 20169
Defenders of the 1st Amendment.
Prior to the start of any official Post meeting, our tradition is to encourage veterans to address any issue. During the official Post meetings, partisan party politics are not encouraged in keeping with American Legion HQ guidance. The American Legion stands for American patriotism - without partisan party rancor at official meetings. Identification as a veteran is expected.
In Virginia, we have elections annually and every Legionnaire is encouraged to vote.
Our 2019/20 Post Executive Committee, as elected on 15 June 2019. From L to R, Finance Officer Bill Walsh, Chaplain Kurt Hackett, Service Officer Greg Alexander, Sergeant-At-Arms John Schortenmeyer, JAG Bob Wyman, Post Cdr David Revill. Absent: 1st VC Mark Siegel, 2nd VC Rob Brook, PRO Irwin Lazar, Adjutant Dennis Corrigan.
Our 2019/20 Post Executive Committee
Post Fund-Raising on 26&28 May18. See CALENDAR page for next event. Volunteers are needed so sign up soonest. .
Cub Pack 107, sponsored by Post 1799, enjoyed a wonderful day at the Tank Farm on 22 September, 2017. Our Post 1799 Liaison Officer is Legionnaire Charles Hillon.
Annual Post Election,15 June 2019.
We have a new slate of Post officers!
Our New Post Executive Committee (EXCOM) is as follows:
Post Commander David Revill
1st Vice Commander Mark Siegel
2nd Vice Commander Rob Brock
Adjutant Dennis Corrigan
Finance Officer Bill Walsh
Judge Advocate General (JAG) Bob Wyman
Post Service Officer Greg Alexander
Chaplain Curt Hackett
Public Affairs Officer Irwin Lazar
Sergeant at Arms John Schortemeyer
Post Commander - Chair Appointments:
Historian Jim Wright
ROTC Representative David Shuler
Blood Drive Richard Bohmer
POW-MIA Chair Ward Nickisch
Webmaster Bob Wyman
Get-Out-The-Vote Bob Wyman
Weekly Post IHOP Breakfast, Gainesville
Thursday at 9:30 AM
Every Week! Check your calendar and join us for no-host breakfast with US & Allied veterans.
Post Christmas Party - 2018
Five-person team, lead by Past-Post Cdr Mike High cleared the two-mile assigned area on 22 June 2019. Chairman Mike HIgh and Chaplain Curt Hackett are "holding up the pole." Also present are Sergeant-At-Arms John Schortenmeyer, Mrs. Schortenmeyer, and JAG Bob Wyman
Call for Volunteers
* 9:30 AM
* Long Park on Route 15 is the gather point.
* Call Mike High to sign up 703-408-7927
Volunteer for two hours and make a difference in our environment!
Did you know - All honorably discharged veterans, including Reserves, are eligible to register online and shop at the online exchanges the same way customers shop Amazon. The benefit does not include family members. For all the details and how to get started, go to:
Post Executive Committee supports Legionnaire Irwin Lazar's management of the 2020 Boys/Girls State Candidate Interview and Selection efforts. Outstanding student candidates will come forward from Battlefield and Patriot High Schools this year for interviews on 29 January, and 10,17, and 24 February. firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-754-9819
Post Fund-Raising Events:
* On Monday, 24 February (10AM-3PM) at Dominion Valley Giant.
* On Saturday, 29 February, (10AM-2:30PM) and Sunday, 1 March, (10AM-2:30PM) we need volunteers at Walmart/Haymarket. Pick your day and 2.5 hour shift.
* Contact Post Finance Office Bill Walsh as soon as possible. email@example.com