Our 19Dec20 participation in the Wreaths Across America was a big success! We hope to participate in the program next year. Our Post leadership thanks all who donated time and funds! Post may participate next year too.
Boys/Girls State Chair Report, 19 January 2021. Post Chairman Irwin Lazar received update from District (Bob Brady) this week.
* Department is planning for Boys State at Radford University in June.
* Department Board will meet mid-April to make final go/no-go decision.
* If in-person Boys State not possible, Department will hold virtual event.
* Girls State will probably have a go/no-go decision by end of January. * Post can support two girls, one each from Patriot & Battlefield HS, for $100 each.
Chairman Lazar recommends following.
* Commence outreach to Patriot & Battlefield High Schools for applications by 12 Feb.
* Start virtual interviews during week of 14 February.
* Goal is to identify Post candidates by end of February.
* Budget discussion must remain open since Department is still determining costs.
* Chair will bring updates to the EXCOM in the near future. click here to add text.
Cub Scout Pack 107 Chair Report, 1 February 2021. Post Chairman Charles Hillon received update from Cub Scout Pack 107 Cubmaster Jake Mosholder.
* Pack meeting on 6 February, after postponements. Awards, Bobcat ceremony and updates.
* "Cross Over" event will be live-streamed for Pack.
* "Banquette" will be postpone to end of scouting year picnic in June. Details pending.
* Planning underway for Bicycle Rodeo in May, Spring Camp-out, possible Space Derby (rockets) his summer.
Post Commander David Revill appointed following chair persons for 2019-2020.
Fund Raising Chairperson Bill Walsh
Membership Chairman - Vacant
Haymarket Day Parade Chairman Rocky Colavita
BSA Cub Scout Pack 107 Liaison Officer Charles Hillon